The Commission on Chicago Landmarks heard tremendous testimony from numerous community organizations, all of the preservation organizations and even a petition from neighbors in favor of landmark designation for the David Adler and Henry Dangler rowhouses in Lake View. Ald. Michele Smith was also in favor.
Completed in 1916, this group of four intact row houses on Lake View Avenue just south of the Elks Memorial Building (also a designated Chicago Landmark) are a fine and rare example of Adler’s in-city row house design. Preservation Chicago worked with the owners of the buildings to seek official landmark status.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks voted in favor of conferring preliminary landmark designation on the structures and this begins the process towards full landmark status.