The Commission on Chicago Landmarks honored 10 distinctive projects from across the City of Chicago with the 2019 Preservation Excellence Awards. The winners of the landmark awards were chosen from dozens of projects reviewed by the Commission’s Permit Review Committee. Only properties that have been designated by the City Council as Chicago Landmarks or as part of a Landmark district were eligible.
Established in 1999, the awards recognize a wide range of efforts to preserve, restore and promote the City’s architectural heritage.
- 2229 S. Michigan Ave. (Motor Row District)
- 3647 S. State St. (Black Metropolis-Bronzeville District)
- 1000 W. Randolph St. (Fulton-Randolph Market District)
- Johnson Publishing Building, 820 S. Michigan Ave.
- 2118 Evergreen Ave. (Wicker Park District)
- 1305 E. 50th St. (Kenwood District)
- 2900 W. Logan Blvd. (Logan Square Boulevards Extension District)
- 835 W. Newport Ave. (Newport Avenue District)
- Quincy Elevated Station, 220 S. Wells St.
- 3301 W. Arthington St. (Sears, Roebuck & Company District)